Home energy audits include a detailed analysis of your home to determine:
- Where and how energy is being lost.
- Which systems in the home are operating inefficiently.
- Which cost-effective measures can be put in place to make the home more comfortable, affordable and energy efficient.
Home Energy Audits by Fan Man Inc
Fan Man, as a RESNET Home Energy Survey Professional (HESP) and BPI certified contractor, does both a visual inspection of your home and uses specialized diagnostic testing equipment such as a blower door test, duct leakage tester, combustion analyzer, carbon monoxide monitors, gas sniffers, and infrared camera to assess the energy performance of an existing home including:
- Building envelope features (windows, doors, insulation, ducts) and ages.
- Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment types, characteristics and ages.
- Appliance and lighting characteristics.
- Comfort complaints.
- Visible moisture issues.
- Visible health and safety issues.
- The location and number of air leaks in the building envelope.
During the home energy audit Fan Man will also examine utility use and billing history to better understand potential opportunities for energy savings. A complete assessment is provided with specific recommendations for improving the home’s energy efficiency, as well as low-cost, do-it-yourself tasks. Also included is information on relevant utility-based programs to encourage the homeowner to take action.